Saturday, October 15, 2011

Zucchini Oatmeal

Yeah, I know...It’s not a zucchini season any more. I enjoy it every year, and I wish it could last longer. I made this oatmeal during the summer vacation, and it was a great challange for me. I could have imagine oatmeal with anything, but zucchini?! Hell no. But what should I have done with all that storage? I went through many blogs with oatmeal recipes,  tried to combine the ideas, and finally ended up with the best oatmeal I have eaten this year, or maybe even in my entire life. Honestly, I didn’t have to combine a lot...I used mostly the idea of Angela Liddon from Oh She Glows, but I changed it a little bit. Yum! It tastes like a fall. Guys, I adore fall...



ZUCCHINI OATMEAL

1 serving

1/3 cup oats 
1 cup milk
ground cinnamon (to taste, I used about 1/2 tsp- Angela's suggestion)
a really small pinch of salt
1/2 finely grated zucchini
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
2 tsp honey


Bring oats, milk, cinnamon and salt to the boil, let simmer for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the zucchini, honey and 1 tsp walnuts, cook for about another 7 minutes (till the preferable consistency- I don't like too much liquid in mine). That's it!

Serve with the rest of the walnuts. I liked Angela's pictures with the coconut, so I used it too. I think the contrast looks great. 


Oh my goodness! It was delicious! 

Do you watch the X Factor USA? I love this performance: 


I think she has an amazing voice. 

I watched this video over and over. Not just because of her, but look at Enrique! If you ever find a guy like him let him know I would like to meet him. But no kidding. Seriously. 

  

2 comments:

  1. I never thought about adding zucchini to my oatmeal. Great way to sneak in more veggies!

    ReplyDelete