Saturday, November 19, 2011

The simplest goodbye-summer cake

This is the way how to use your preserved/ canned or even fresh fruit in or out of the season. Yeah, the Christmas season is almost here and I'm bothering with a fruit stuff. I've got the pics in my computer since...October 3rd. Lazy girl. I'd post another oatmeal recipe, but I think you all have just enough of that. I'll wait a little. It looks I don't eat anything but oats. That's not true. Well... I eat yogurt with my oats granola every morning. With some exceptions. When we have a cake. Then I eat a cake and yogurt. Yum.



I've got the recipe from my dad's deceased aunt. She was amazing. I've posted it before here but not all of you have seen it, and it doesn't hurt anybody if I post it again. Good recipes should be reminded. It's quick, easy, and delicious. And you use up your stock.

THE SIMPLEST GOODBYE-SUMMER CAKE

FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY

2 cups medium- coarse flour/ polohruba muka
1 cup sugar
40 grams corn starch /1 Zlaty klas
1 1/2 cups milk
1 dcl (about 1/2 cup) oil
1 egg 
1 package of baking powder (12 grams)
1 vanilla sugar (20 grams)
fruit (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, ...)

Preheat the oven to 180- 200 C (360- 390 F). Mix dry ingredients in the bowl, wet ones in another bowl. Put the content of both bowls together. Transfer the batter into greased and flour spilled pan, decorate with a lot of fruit (I used about 2 jars/ 2-3 cups). Bake until the cake is golden and a toothpick comes out clean (it doesn't take too long). 

Do you ever eat cakes for your breakfast?

4 comments:

  1. hmmm, it look like cake from my grnadmother, so sweet, yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm.. to vyzera tak tradične=domácky=dokonale :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tvoj kolacik vyzera taaaaaaak mnamkovo. Pekna rozlucka s letom:)

    ReplyDelete