Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Gingerbread apple cake

“Being happy doesn't always make us grateful, but being grateful will always make us happy.”

I returned home from school shortly before 3.30 p.m. Yeah, that's Monday. I wanted to snack on something so I opened the pantry door, came in, and I saw there is only one piece of the cake left. That piece didn't seem to be very photogenic, and unfortunately, the light inside wasn't very pleasurable either. I put the snack on the plate,   sprinkled with sugar and tried to find the most suitable place for taking a picture. After few minutes of running around in every room of our apartment, I found the right place to take emergency pictures of the food. At least it worked for me well. That spot was at the balcony.



FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
http://www.mimibazar.sk/recept.php?id=8580&user=9033

Dough:
400 g flour (hladka muka)
100 g honey
100 g powdered sugar
1 egg
150 g butter
20 g gingerbread baking powder (or just mix of baking powder&gingerbread spice{ground cinnamon, ginger&cloves})

For the filling:
about 6 big apples
sugar (depending on acidity in apples)
cinnamon- to taste

Preheat the oven to 180C.
1. For making the dough, mix all the ingredients. Let it set in the fridge while preparing the filling. 
2. Peel and shred the apples, squeeze them to get rid of the juice.  Mix them with sugar and cinnamon. If it doesn't taste sweet and cinnamony enough, add more of these ingredients. 
3. Divide the dough in half. Sift an even layer of  flour onto the work surface and roll the dough into the shape and size of the pan you'll use.
4. Place the dough on the baking sheet placed in the pan.
5. Spread the filling evenly over the dough in the pan.
6. Roll the second part of the dough, transfer into the pan, covering the filling.
7. Bake until the top is "golden" brown, but check out also the bottom.

 The best to make when it's freezing outside!


I'm going through stressful time but hopefully everything will be all right soon. But I guess I won't have much free time till graduation. That sucks.  

2 comments:

  1. I love ginger so much, Silvi, and ginger + apple = mmmm :) i must try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true, the same with me :) Glad u like it :)

    ReplyDelete