Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Carrot cake

1. the very first cake I ate in the USA (and yeah, I ate it almost all by myself)
2. the cake is a heaven
3. the raw batter is maybe even bigger heaven (the raw batter & raw dough eater speaking out of me)

Actually, the main reason that made me to make this carrot cake was its publishing in my favorite magazine, Emma. I changed a recipe a little bit, and it turned out to be one of my most favorite cakes ever. Well, it happens almost every time I eat something sweet, but in this case, it's really serious!!!






CARROT CAKE


For the cake


(1 cup=250 ml in my case)

1 cup sugar
3 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cup cake flour
1 pocket baking powder (16 grams)
1 tsp baking (bicarbonate) soda (optional)
pinch of salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 1/2 cup grated carrot (about 5 big carrots)
nuts (I omit)


For the frosting


100 grams butter
300 grams cream cheese (Philadelphia, Mascarpone, ...)
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar 
40 grams vanilla sugar
more vanilla extract if you don't have enough :)


Preheat oven to 180 C. Whisk eggs and sugar together for about 3 minutes (hand mixer helps here a lot). Using a whisk, add all the other ingredients in one by one. Combine well. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool. Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. Combine butter, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla sugar and vanilla extract using hand mixer. Spread over the cooled cake. Top with some nuts if you like. Let set for few hours. Enjoy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment